A power bank is a portable battery which you can use to charge different devices, such as mobile phones, tablets and laptops. They have been available for many years. However, they are not accessible if you are blind or visually impaired. If you wish to find out how much power is left in the battery, there is no way of doing so if you have no sight, as many people are unable to see the battery level which is usually conveyed by a number of flashing lights.
Introducing the world’s first fully accessible power bank
The Energrid power bank is a fully accessible portable battery designed especially for the visually impaired. Unlike other power banks on the market, it is unique, as it tells you how much power the battery has left using LED’s, vibrations and sound signals.
It can charge Braille displays, MP3 players, smartphones, tablets, and devices that support charging via USB C, such as laptop computers. As long as your device supports charging via a USB connection, the power bank should be compatible.
The Energrid power bank includes the following features:
- Unsure if your device is actually charging? The power bank will beep and vibrate to signal when a device is being charged and when it has finished charging.
- When you put the power bank on charge, it will notify you when it is being charged and when it is fully charged, ready for reuse.
- The power bank will beep and vibrate to indicate the amount of power remaining in the power bank. It will beep and vibrate once if the battery level is between 0% and 25%, twice if the level is between 25 and 50%, three times if the level is between 50 and 75%, and four times if the level is between 75 and 100%.
- You can switch between either vibration notifications, sound notifications, or both at the same time.
- The power bank has a full sized USB port (for charging older USB devices) and a USB C charging port (which you can use to charge modern devices that support charging via USB C). You can use both ports at the same time or independently of each other.
- You can charge the power bank via the Micro USB port (using a Micro USB cable) or via the USB C port (using USB C cable).
- Unlike traditional power banks, you can connect charging cables in any orientation in the full sized USB port. It doesn’t matter if you have the USB connector the wrong way around. This also applies to the USB C port.
The Energrid power bank comes in two sizes.
10,000 mAh version
The smaller sized power bank has a capacity of 10,000 mAh, which is enough to charge an iPhone up to three times.
It measures 13cm long, 7cm wide and 1.5cm in thickness, and weighs 210 grams.
20,000 mAh version
The larger power bank is 20,000 mAh and provides enough power to charge an iPhone up to 6 times.
It measures 14cm long, 7cm wide and 2.5cm in thickness, and weighs 375 grams.
What’s included in the box?
The following items are included as standard.
- 10,000 mAh or 20,000 mAh power bank, depending on the device you have ordered.
- USB C to USB C charging cable.
- Printed instruction manual.
- Accessible manual in a format of your choice.
Please note: A mains charger is not included, as many people already own suitable chargers which you can use to charge the power bank. Any charger which has a USB A or USB C port and has an output of 5 Volts, 2 Amps can be used to charge the power bank. Slower chargers can be used, but may take longer to charge the power bank. Mains chargers are available for purchase upon request.
Reasons to buy from us
If you purchase the Energrid power bank from us, you will receive the following benefits at no extra cost.
- A high quality braded USB A to USB C charging cable worth £9.99.
- 1 hour of training and technical support on arrival via telephone, Skype or Zoom to help you get started with the power bank.
- We can provide a getting started guide available in large print, braille, audio CD, USB memory stick or via email.
- We provide UK based technical support via telephone and email, and 12 months warranty against manufacturing defects as standard.
Pricing for the Energrid power bank is as follows:
- The 10,000 mAh power bank costs £99.99.
- The 20,000 mAh power bank costs £139.99.
- UK mains chargers cost £9.99.
The above prices include postage. Please note: certain remote regions/postcodes may incur an extra postage charge. All prices are excluding VAT. This product qualifies for VAT exemption if you are registered as blind or visually impaired.
Please contact us to place your order.