For many years, our tactile Nokia mobile phones have been very popular with visually impaired people who require an easy to use mobile phone with physical buttons. We are very pleased to offer our customers an alternative to the Nokia mobile phones which is modern and future proof called the “BlindShell Classic”.
The BlindShell Classic mobile phone is an easy to use 4G mobile phone (available in black or red). The phone is operated via the easy to feel, tactile physical keypad or by using your voice. Feedback is provided by the built-in synthetic voice, vibrations and additional acoustic signals/sounds.
BlindShell Classic features
The phone includes the following features:
- Call for making and receiving phone calls.
- Text for sending and receiving text messages.
- Contacts for storing and managing contacts.
- Email to send and receive emails.
- Speed dial to easily call up to 10 contacts.
- An SOS button. When pressed, the phone will call a specified emergency contact.
- Alarm clock. You can set a single alarm or multiple alarms per day. The phone also has a minute timer and stop watch.
- Calendar to track events and appointments.
- Notes which enables you to write text notes.
- Voice recorder to record audio notes.
- An accessible calculator.
- Weather app to tell you the latest weather.
- Dictionary to look up words or translate words between languages.
- Colour detector.
- Book reader for listening to text files.
- Music player for playing MP3 files and audio books.
- Internet and FM Radio for listening to local and online radio stations.
- YouTube app to watch/listen to YouTube videos.
- Flash light feature to turn the phone into a torch.
- Control the phone with your voice. You can dictate texts and open apps.
- Easy menu mode. When this mode is activated, the phone will act as a basic mobile phone, and the advanced apps will be disabled. The advanced apps can be turned back on at any time.
Video Review and Demonstration
Reasons to buy from us
If you purchase the BlindShell Classic from us, you will receive the following benefits at no extra cost:
- Three hours training and technical support on arrival to help you get started with the phone.
- We can transfer contacts from your existing mobile phone at no extra cost if you send your phone into us.
- We can insert your existing sim card into the BlindShell for you or supply a pay as you go sim card on your preferred network.
- We can add contacts into the phone before despatch if you provide a list of names and telephone numbers.
- We supply a getting started guide available in large print, braille, audio CD, USB memory stick or via email.
- We provide UK based technical support and 24 months warranty.
Included in the box
In the box, you will find the following items.
- The BlindShell Classic mobile phone.
- A charging cradle which can be used to charge your phone, excellent for those people who are unable to easily plug the USB charger into the phone.
- A set of in ear headphones.
- UK mains plug and a reversible micro USB cable for charging.
Mobile phone specifications.
The BlindShell Classic:
- Measures 133mm x 58mm x 19mm.
- Has a 2.8 inch TFT colour screen. Please note: this is not a touch screen.
- Has two micro sim card slots.
- Has a 2MP camera.
- Has Bluetooth 4.0 and wireless B/G/N support is included as standard.
- Supports a micro SD card up to 32GB in size.
- Battery capacity measures 1800 mAh and should provide enough power for 1 to 2 days average use.
- Has a headphone socket for private listening.
Price and accessories
The BlindShell Classic costs £299.99 excluding VAT.
A protective case can also be purchased at a cost of £19.99.
Please contact us to place your order.